Thank you for choosing Alpine Rafting! This is to confirm your 9 AM Family Whitewater Rafting reservation.
Your trip departs from the Alpine Rafting Office.
PLEASE ARRIVE AT: 8:30 AM
WE WILL DEPART AT: 9:00 AM
IMPORTANT: Golden is in the Mountain Time zone (same time as Alberta). If you are coming from the west, there is an hour time difference.
Changes to your reservation are permitted up until 72 hours prior to trip departure with no penalty. Within 72 hours of your trip, the deposit is nonrefundable (50%) unless you have purchased cancellation insurance at the time of reservation. We raft rain or shine and no refunds will be given due to inclement weather.
Alpine Rafting will provide:
- Transportation to and from the river (your vehicle will remain parked at the office)
- Neoprene boots, wetsuit, Goretex spray jacket, life jacket, helmet, and neoprene gloves are available on board the raft
- A lunch and small snack will be provided for this trip
- Bathing suit (preferably come wearing it)
- Towel and a bag to put your belongings in
- A fleece or wool sweater this could be worn on the river, over top of your wetsuit but underneath your spray jacket for an additional layer of warmth.
Driving Directions and Map
Alpine Rafting operates in Golden, British Columbia, 30 minutes west of the Alberta/BC Border. We are a short drive from Banff, Lake Louise, Invermere, Radium, and Revelstoke!
Our office is conveniently located on the Trans Canada highway next to the British Columbia Visitor Centre @ Golden.
We have safe, ample parking to accommodate oversized vehicles. Below are detailed directions on how to get to our office location.
Driving Times to Golden
- Calgary, AB: 2.5 — 3 Hours
- Lake Louise, AB: 1 Hour
- Banff, AB: 1.5 Hours
- Radium Hot Springs: 1.25 Hours
- Revelstoke, BC: 1.5 — 2 Hours (with an hour time change)
- Kamloops, BC: 4 Hours (with an hour time change)
DIRECTIONS TO THE ALPINE RAFTING OFFICE FROM THE EAST (Calgary, Banff, Lake Louise):
As you enter Golden on the Trans Canada Highway, take the first exit on the right (Golden Donald Upper Rd). If you’ve gone down the hill and see traffic lights you’ve gone too far. Turn left onto Lafontaine Road and go through the traffic circle and enter the British Columbia Visitor Center parking lot and stay left. Turn down the driveway and we are located next to the British Columbia Visitor Center in the large wood building.
DIRECTIONS TO ALPINE RAFTING OFFICE FROM THE WEST (Vancouver, Kamloops, Revelstoke):
We are located on the left hand side of the Trans Canada Highway east of the Golden town site. Follow Hwy 1 past all the fast food restaurants, through two sets of lights and continue up the hill. Stay in the right hand lane as you travel up the hill as you will be turning right. As you crestthe hill, there is a right hand turning lane (Golden Donald Upper Rd). Turn right onto Goldenview Road and go over the overpass, turn left through the traffic circle and enter the British Columbia Visitor Center parking lot and stay left. Turn down the driveway and we are located next to the British Columbia Visitor Center in the large wood building.
See You On The River!
Please be sure to check DriveBC for information on road conditions prior to leaving for your trip: http://www.drivebc.ca