DOUBLE WHITE WATER IS NOT AVAILABLE IN 2020 DUE TO COVID-19. FOR ANOTHER FULL DAY OPTION, PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR FULL DAY DISCOVERY TRIP.
If you want to experience the biggest whitewater and the most rapids the Kicking Horse River has to offer, high water season is the time to come.
The Kicking Horse is a glacial fed river, so spring and early summer are when we see the most melt water coming down from the mountains. What does a lot of meltwater mean for us?
Awesome rafting! It means a lot of whitewater and a ton of continuous rapids!
The middle canyon is predominantly class 3 and 4 whitewater at highwater, so imagine yourself rafting 12 km of constant face shots and boat swamping rapids.
BUT, it gets even better. Because the middle canyon is so awesome at this time of year, we raft it a second time. That’s 24 km of the best whitewater in Western Canada. Yes please!
This trip starts in the morning on the upper canyon. It’s a beautiful start to the day, followed by our riverside BBQ lunch. You’ll want to fuel up because after lunch is when you get into the big stuff.
We always hear the second run is better than the first, so why don’t you come check it out for yourself!
We have rafted twice with Alpine and both trips were fantastic. Staff are friendly and well organized, our guide made us feel safe. Lunch was provided in our trips and... read more
We are excited to announce that Alpine Rafting has merged with our friends at Glacier Raft Company. Click here to read more.
- Available on weekends in May and 7 days per week in June (provided minimum numbers are met)
- Beginners are welcome. You’ll be given a full safety briefing before you hop in the raft and guidance along the way, so you’ll feel like a veteran paddler in no time.
- You’ll be rafting 38 km of a pristine Canadian river (including a 4 km bonus section through Yoho National Park)
- A hearty, cowboy-style Rocky Mountain BBQ lunch is included. Feast on steak, chicken breast, fish, burgers, smokies or veggie burgers – yum!
- You’ll end up back at the Alpine Rafting office at approximately 3:30 pm, with plenty of great stories to tell.
- Must be a minimum of 12 years old and 90lbs (43kg)
Things to Bring
- We’ll provide everything from wetsuits to paddles, so all you need to bring is your bathing suit and towel – that’s it!
- (Oh, and don’t forget your sense of adventure.)
Why We Love this Trip
- It’s 2x the best whitewater you’ll find anywhere in Western Canada in May or June
- You’ll be fully immersed in the pristine Canadian wilderness – a thrill to add to your bucket list!
- We’ve added on an extra 4 km section of river in Yoho National Park, so from the scenic upper canyon to amazing middle canyon, it’s a complete rafting experience
We hope you can keep your river date with us. But, sometimes life happens and you need to cancel. If you have to cancel your trip, the full amount is refundable (less a $10.00 per person processing fee) provided we are given at least 1 weeks notice prior to your trip. If notice occurs within 7 days of the trip the $50.00 per person deposit becomes non-refundable, and within 24 hours of the trip the full amount is non-refundable. All refunds are applied to the same credit card used for the initial booking.
*For safety reasons we require a minimum of 12 people to run the second lap of the middle canyon. If we don’t have 12 people you will raft the middle canyon once and be refunded the difference.
Meet Our Guides
Experienced, Engaged & Confident. Our team is nothing short of outstanding.