- To guarantee it’s only your ‘bubble’ group in a boat, you can also consider our ‘BOOK A BOAT‘ option for groups of 4-8 people and save $98.70.
We understand that not everyone wants their outdoor experience to involve barreling down the river at full tilt, being tossed around gleefully by the whitewater.
(After all, you might be visiting Golden with older family members, young children or those who prefer not to feel like they are in the spin cycle of a washing machine. Rapids aren’t everyone’s cup of tea!)
If a peaceful, leisurely float down the river sounds like it’s more your speed, you’ll love our Gentle Family Rafting adventure. No one gets soaked on this trip, but there will be a few fun splashes and a lot of laughs.
Gliding down the river at a laid back pace will allow you to relax and soak up the scenery around you. As you paddle down the Upper sections of the Kicking Horse (British Columbia’s first designated Canadian Heritage River), you’ll be able to sit back, listen to the birds and gaze up at the spectacular pine-clad peaks of the Canadian Rocky Mountains towering ten thousand feet above you.
An enchanting waterfall stop takes place right before the end of the trip. An optional 2 minute walk up a small canyon to the falls is a memorable highlight of the trip.
We’ll stop for a barbecue lunch by the riverside, featuring items hot off the grill (food always tastes even better in the fresh mountain air).
Keep your eyes peeled as you drift through the dense green forests – you might spot a bear snuffling in a berry bush, a female deer and her fawn drinking at the water’s edge or a majestic elk with his impressive set of antlers watching the boat glide by. This is one of the best ways to go off the beaten path and see remote areas that not every tourist gets to see.
We are excited to announce that Alpine Rafting has merged with our friends at Glacier Raft Company. Click here to read more.
- You’ll start at 9:15 a.m. and be back at our base by 1:00 p.m.
- Don’t worry if you’ve never been rafting before, you’ll be given a full safety briefing before you get on the water. This is a safe, mellow trip that is perfect for beginners and families with young children ages 4 and up.
- The trip involves 14 km of rafting and will return to our office approximately 3.5 hours after departure time.
- This trip is mostly class 1 with some sections of class 2 – 2+.
THINGS TO BRING
- A bathing suit and towel, that’s it! Please also bring a face covering that meets current safety guidelines. If you forget yours, we’ll have them available to buy in our office.
- We’ll provide the rest, just don’t forget your sense of adventure!
WHY WE LOVE THIS TRIP
- On this trip, we raft an extra 4 km through the heart of Yoho National Park, offering you sweeping views of our wild and beautiful landscapes.
- It’s a great adventure for kids ages 4+
If you have to cancel your trip, the full amount is refundable (less a $10.00 per person processing fee) as long as we have a minimum of 48 hours notice prior to your trip date. If notice occurs within 48 hours, the full amount is non-refundable.
When you reserve your seats they are blocked off to everyone else, and all logistics are planned and staff scheduled. Because of this, if you cancel for any reason within 48 hours, please do not expect a refund.
In the unlikely event that we need to cancel a trip due to river safety concerns or weather, we will re-schedule your trip if that works for you, or a full refund will be provided.
All refunds are applied to the same credit card used for the initial booking. Have more questions? Check our our Frequently Asked Questions Page
Gentle Family Rafting FAQ's
Meet Our Guides
Experienced, Engaged & Confident. Our team is nothing short of outstanding.