- To guarantee it’s only your ‘bubble’ group in a boat, you can also consider our ‘BOOK A BOAT‘ option for groups of 4-8 people and save $172.20.
The foamy whitewater surges beneath you. You feel your stomach drop. Your wet hands grip the paddle and you squint through the cool spray.
You’re barreling down one of Canada’s wildest rivers and not even the glacial water can wash the smile off your face.
Our full day trip on the Kicking Horse River is the type of thrill that will leave you buzzing for days afterwards. The journey takes you through the upper & middle canyons (otherwise known as one of Mother Nature’s best roller coasters) and includes a hearty BBQ lunch by the riverside (taming the Kicking Horse will make you work up an appetite!)
The rafts pull over at a couple of beautiful waterfalls throughout the trip, allowing you to take a short walk, swim and dunk your head in the pristine falls if you feel the urge.
In between the moments of splashing through the class 2, 3 and 4 rapids there will be stretches of calm water – giving you a chance to gape in awe at the craggy peaks of the Canadian Rockies all around you.
This 4 hour rafting tour runs 7 days per week and is our most popular adventure – a true Canadian experience.
We have rafted twice with Alpine and both trips were fantastic. Staff are friendly and well organized, our guide made us feel safe. Lunch was provided in our trips and... read more
We are excited to announce that Alpine Rafting has merged with our friends at Glacier Raft Company. Click here to read more.
- Total trip duration: 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Available weekends in May and 7 days per week from June 1 to mid September.
- Beginners are welcome. You’ll be given a full safety briefing before you hop in the raft and guidance along the way, so you’ll feel like a veteran paddler in no time.
- We travel down 26 km of pristine Canadian river (including a 4 km bonus section through Yoho National Park that we offer because we know you want more adventure!)
- A hearty, cowboy-style Rocky Mountain BBQ lunch is included. Feast on burgers, veggie burgers and hot dogs – yum! ** The BBQ lunch will be simplified in 2021 due to Covid-19 requirements. Because of this, the price is reduced from $169 down to $159 per person.
- You’ll end up back at the Alpine Rafting office at approximately 2:00 pm, with plenty of great stories to tell.
- Must be a minimum of 12 years old and 90lbs (43kg)
Things to Bring
- We’ll provide everything from wetsuits to paddles, so all you need to bring is your bathing suit and towel – that’s it! As per Covid-19 requirements, please also bring a non-medical, cloth face covering. If you forget yours, we’ll have them available to buy in our office.
- (Oh, and don’t forget your sense of adventure.)
Why We Love this Trip
- It’s the perfect way to experience the thrill of a classic rafting trip in the Canadian Rockies, for a very affordable price.
- You’ll be fully immersed in the pristine Canadian wilderness – a thrill to add to your bucket list!
- We’ve added on an extra 4 km section of river in Yoho National Park, for even more adrenaline-pumping whitewater fun.
A full refund will be given (less a $5.00 per person processing fee) for any cancellations up to 72 hours prior to your trip. If you need to cancel your trip within 72 hours of your departure, a CREDIT will be given. The credit will be valid for 365 days from the date of cancellation.
If you need to reschedule your 2020 trip, your re-booked trip will be subject to our normal cancellation policy.
Due to us only being able to accommodate 40 people total per trip, refunds won’t be given for cancellations within 24 hours.
Meet Our Guides
Experienced, Engaged & Confident. Our team is nothing short of outstanding.