The foamy whitewater surges beneath you. You feel your stomach drop. Your wet hands grip the paddle and you squint through the cool spray.
You’re barreling down one of Canada’s wildest rivers and not even the glacial water can wash the smile off your face.
Our full day trip on the Kicking Horse River is the type of thrill that will leave you buzzing for days afterwards. The journey takes you through the upper & middle canyons (otherwise known as one of Mother Nature’s best roller coasters) and includes a hearty BBQ lunch by the riverside (taming the Kicking Horse will make you work up an appetite!)
The rafts pull over at a couple of beautiful waterfalls throughout the trip, allowing you to take a short walk, swim and dunk your head in the pristine falls if you feel the urge.
In between the moments of splashing through the class 2, 3 and 4 rapids there will be stretches of calm water – giving you a chance to gape in awe at the craggy peaks of the Canadian Rockies all around you.
This 5 hour rafting tour runs 7 days per week and is our most popular adventure – a true Canadian experience.
We are excited to announce that Alpine Rafting has merged with our friends at Glacier Raft Company. Click here to read more.
- Total trip duration: 9:15 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Available weekends in May and 7 days per week from June 1 to mid September.
- Beginners are welcome. You’ll be given a full safety briefing before you hop in the raft and guidance along the way, so you’ll feel like a veteran paddler in no time.
- We travel down 26 km of pristine Canadian river (including a 4 km bonus section through Yoho National Park that we offer because we know you want more adventure!)
- A hearty, cowboy-style Rocky Mountain BBQ lunch is included. Feast on burgers, veggie burgers chicken burgers and hot dogs – yum!
- You’ll end up back at the Alpine Rafting office at approximately 2:00 pm, with plenty of great stories to tell.
- Must be a minimum of 12 years old and 90 pounds (43kg)
Things to Bring
- We’ll provide everything from wetsuits to paddles, so all you need to bring is your bathing suit and towel – that’s it!
- (Oh, and don’t forget your sense of adventure.)
Why We Love this Trip
- It’s the perfect way to experience the thrill of a classic rafting trip in the Canadian Rockies, for a very affordable price.
- You’ll be fully immersed in the pristine Canadian wilderness – a thrill to add to your bucket list!
- We’ve added on an extra 4 km section of river in Yoho National Park, for even more adrenaline-pumping whitewater fun.
If you have to cancel your trip, the full amount is refundable (less a $20.00 per person processing fee) provided we receive at least 72 hours notice prior to your trip date. If notice occurs within 72 hours of your trip date the full amount is non-refundable.
When you reserve your seats they are no longer available for anyone else to book. We also schedule guides, drivers and plan our logistics based on the number of seats we have confirmed. Because of this, if you cancel within 72 for ANY reason please do NOT expect a refund. This applies to all reasons.
In the unlikely event that we need to cancel a trip due to weather or safety concerns, we will re-schedule your trip to a date that works for you, or provide a full refund. All refunds go back onto the credit card used for the initial booking.
My friends have gone rafting but it’s my first time. Is this okay?
Absolutely! This is not a problem at all. No experience is required to go rafting as our guides will let you know exactly what you need to do. You will all get to travel in the same raft.
CAN I SEE WHAT IT’S LIKE BEFORE WE GO?
Sure! The best way to experience rafting is to actually go rafting but hopefully this video will be the next best thing
CAN I BRING A CAMERA?
You can bring a camera but it’s not recommended. If you bring a camera make sure it’s waterproof, as it’s likely to get wet. Hands free cameras such as GoPros are the best option (as you will be needing to paddle), but again it’s at your own risk.
People lose their cameras into the river every summer, so it’s safest to leave it behind.
The only thing you must bring is any medication you’ll need throughout the day. We have a safe and dry spot on each raft to store all medication.
ARE THERE WETSUITS LARGE ENOUGH FOR ME/MY GROUP?
This is common question that we receive. Our wetsuits come in an assortment of sizes. Our maximum weight limit is approximately 300 lbs (136kg) due to safety reasons and the size of our gear.
Meet Our Guides
Experienced, Engaged & Confident. Our team is nothing short of outstanding.