The foamy whitewater surges beneath you. You feel your stomach drop. Your wet hands grip the paddle and you squint through the cool spray.
You’re barreling down one of Canada’s wildest rivers and not even the glacial water can wash the smile off your face.
Our full day trip on the Kicking Horse River is the type of thrill that will leave you buzzing for days afterwards. The journey takes you through the upper & middle canyons (otherwise known as one of Mother Nature’s best roller coasters) and includes a hearty BBQ lunch by the riverside (taming the Kicking Horse will make you work up an appetite!)
In between the moments of splashing through the class 2, 3 and 4 rapids there will be stretches of calm water – giving you a chance to gape in awe at the craggy peaks of the Canadian Rockies all around you.
This 5 hour rafting tour runs 7 days per week and is our most popular adventure – a true Canadian experience.
Our Kicking Horse River adventure was great! Great staff - informative and humorous. Excellent equipment - the wet suits were washed and sanitized between river trips. The Express in the afternoon was advertised as 1 hour 15 minutes on the water, and was more than...More
We are excited to announce that Alpine Rafting has merged with our friends at Glacier Raft Company. Click here to read more.
- Available 7 days per week from June 1 to mid September (weekends only in May).
- Beginners are welcome. You’ll be given a full safety briefing before you hop in the raft and guidance along the way, so you’ll feel like a veteran paddler in no time.
- We travel down 26 km of pristine Canadian river (including a 4 km bonus section through Yoho National Park that we offer because we know you want more adventure!)
- A hearty, cowboy-style Rocky Mountain BBQ lunch is included. Feast on steak, chicken, fish, burgers, smokies or veggie burgers – yum!
- You’ll end up back at the Alpine Rafting office at approximately 2:30 pm, with plenty of great stories to tell.
- Must be a minimum of 12 years old and 90lbs (43kg)
Things to Bring
- We’ll provide everything from wetsuits to paddles, so all you need to bring is your bathing suit and towel – that’s it!
- (Oh, and don’t forget your sense of adventure.)
Why We Love this Trip
- It’s the perfect way to experience the thrill of a classic rafting trip in the Canadian Rockies, for a very affordable price.
- You’ll be fully immersed in the pristine Canadian wilderness – a thrill to add to your bucket list!
- We’ve added on an extra 4 km section of river in Yoho National Park, for even more adrenaline-pumping whitewater fun.
We hope you can keep your river date with us. But, sometimes life happens and you need to cancel. If you have to cancel your trip, the full amount is refundable (less a $10.00 per person processing fee) provided we are given at least 1 weeks notice prior to your trip. If notice occurs within 7 days of the trip the $50.00 per person deposit becomes non-refundable, and within 24 hours of the trip the full amount is non-refundable. All refunds are applied to the same credit card used for the initial booking.
Meet Our Guides
Experienced, Engaged & Confident. Our team is nothing short of outstanding.