- To guarantee it’s only your ‘bubble’ group of 4-8 people in a boat, consider our ‘BOOK A BOAT‘ option and save $163 – $179 depending on the time of your trip.
- BOOK A BOAT – Express – 11:00 am BOOK A BOAT – Express – 3:30 pm
You’re on a short visit to Golden and you have a tight schedule, so that means you won’t have time to do an epic activity like whitewater rafting, right?
This compact half day trip makes it possible to enjoy an exciting whitewater adventure, even if your time in Golden is short and sweet.
The entire journey only takes 3 hours, which means that you can ride the rapids in the afternoon and still get back in time for dinner (with plenty of great stories to tell!)
Midway through the rafting we stop at Mermaid Falls, switch up the seats and admire the beauty. Take a drink and dunk your head in the mountain water.
Feel the glacial spray on your face as you splash, bob and weave through the foamy rapids, the dense pine forests and dramatic canyon walls all around you. This trip may be short, but it’s packed with excitement and includes class 2, 3 and 4 rapids in the middle canyon section of the Kicking Horse River.
We have rafted twice with Alpine and both trips were fantastic. Staff are friendly and well organized, our guide made us feel safe. Lunch was provided in our trips and... read more
We are excited to announce that Alpine Rafting has merged with our friends at Glacier Raft Company. Click here to read more.
- Available 7 days a week from June 27 to mid September
- Your half day adventure departs from the Alpine Rafting base at either 11:00 a.m. or 3:30 p.m. (you must arrive 30 minutes prior to departure!)
- The 11:00 a.m. trip is $109 per person and the 3:30 p.m. trip is $99 per person. The difference in price is the result of the 3:30 start time having more availability. The rafting trips are the same.
- Both trips start after lunch, so lunch is not included with either start time. Be sure to have a bite to eat before arriving. If you’d like a rafting trip that includes lunch, have a look at our Full Day Rafting Trip
- Your adventure will return to the Alpine Rafting office at approximately 2:00 p.m. or 6:15 p.m.
- You’ll receive a full safety briefing, so even if you’ve never been whitewater rafting before you’ll know exactly what to do.
- Our three hour journey will cover 12 km of rushing class 2, 3 and 4 rapids in the middle canyon of the Kicking Horse River.
- Must be a minimum of 12 years old and 90lbs (43kg)
Half day trips require a minimum of 12 people to run. Please note that your trip could be cancelled if the water levels are too high, or if the minimum number of rafters aren’t met. In that case, a refund will be given if it cannot be rebooked. We will do our best to give you between 24 and 72 hours notice if any changes will be made to your reservation.
THINGS TO BRING
- Just bring your bathing suit and towel! We provide everything else, including your rafting gear, wetsuit and all safety equipment. For 2020 please also bring a non-medical face covering. We recommend a Buff of bandana. If you forget yours, we’ll have them available to buy in our office.
- Of course, don’t forget your sense of adventure!
WHY WE LOVE THIS TRIP
- This trip offers you a chance to get out into the British Columbia backcountry and enjoy the thrills of whitewater rafting, even if you don’t have a lot of time.
- If you’ve never tried whitewater rafting before, this is a great way to test the waters (literally!) without committing to a full day.
Our cancellation policy is much more flexible for 2020 due to Covid-19. A full refund will be given (less a $5.00 per person processing fee) for any cancellations up to 72 hours prior to your trip. If you need to cancel your trip within 72 hours of your departure, a CREDIT will be given. The credit will be valid for 365 days from the date of cancellation.
If you need to reschedule your 2020 trip, your re-booked trip will be subject to our normal cancellation policy.
Due to us only being able to accommodate 40 people total per trip, refunds won’t be given for cancellations within 24 hours.
All refunds are applied to the same credit card used for the initial booking. Have more questions? Check our our Frequently Asked Questions Page
Have any extra questions? Ask us!
Meet Our Guides
Experienced, Engaged & Confident. Our team is nothing short of outstanding.