You’re on a short visit to Golden and you have a tight schedule, so that means you won’t have time to do an epic activity like whitewater rafting, right?
This compact half day trip makes it possible to enjoy an exciting whitewater adventure, even if your time in Golden is short and sweet.
The entire journey only takes 3 hours, which means that you can ride the rapids in the afternoon and still get back in time for dinner (with plenty of great stories to tell!)
Midway through the rafting we stop at Mermaid Falls to admire the beauty. You can take a drink and dunk your head in the mountain water, and switch up your seats in the raft.
Feel the glacial spray on your face as you splash, bob and weave through the foamy rapids, the dense pine forests and dramatic canyon walls all around you. This trip may be short, but it’s packed with excitement and includes class 2, 3 and 4 rapids in the middle canyon section of the Kicking Horse River.
- Available on weekends in May and daily from June 1 to mid September
- Your half day adventure departs from the Alpine Rafting base at either 11:00 a.m. or 3:30 p.m. (you must arrive 15 minutes prior to departure!)
- The 11:00 a.m. trip is $119 per person and the 3:30 p.m. trip is $99 per person. The difference in price is the result of the 3:30 start time having more availability. The rafting trips are the same.
- Both trips start after lunch, so lunch is not included with either start time. Be sure to have a bite to eat before arriving. If you’d like a rafting trip that includes lunch, have a look at our Full Day Rafting Trip
- Your adventure will return to the Alpine Rafting office at approximately 2:00 p.m. or 6:15 p.m.
- You’ll receive a full safety briefing, so even if you’ve never been whitewater rafting before you’ll know exactly what to do.
- Our three hour journey will cover 12 km of rushing class 2, 3 and 4 rapids in the middle canyon of the Kicking Horse River.
- Must be a minimum of 12 years old and 90 lbs (43kg)
Half day trips require a minimum of 12 people to run. Please note that your trip could be cancelled if the water levels are too high, or if the minimum number of rafters aren’t met. In that case, a refund will be given if it cannot be rebooked. We will do our best to give you between 24 and 72 hours notice if any changes will be made to your reservation.
THINGS TO BRING
- Just bring your bathing suit and towel! We provide everything else, including your rafting gear, wetsuit and all safety equipment.
- Of course, don’t forget your sense of adventure!
WHY WE LOVE THIS TRIP
- This trip offers you a chance to get out into the British Columbia backcountry and enjoy the thrills of whitewater rafting, even if you don’t have a lot of time.
- If you’ve never tried whitewater rafting before, this is a great way to test the waters (literally!) without committing to a full day.
If you have to cancel your trip, the full amount is refundable (less a $20.00 per person processing fee) provided we receive at least 72 hours notice prior to your trip date. If notice occurs within 72 hours of your trip date the full amount is non-refundable.
When you reserve your seats they are no longer available for anyone else to book. We also schedule guides, drivers and plan our logistics based on the number of seats we have confirmed. Because of this, if you cancel within 72 for ANY reason please do NOT expect a refund. This applies to all reasons.
In the unlikely event that we need to cancel a trip due to weather or safety concerns, we will re-schedule your trip to a date that works for you, or provide a full refund. All refunds go back onto the credit card used for the initial booking.
Check our our Frequently Asked Questions Page
Have any extra questions? Ask us!
Meet Our Guides
Experienced, Engaged & Confident. Our team is nothing short of outstanding.