2017 Kicking Horse River Adventure Guide. When to go & Adventure Best Bets based on your Adventure Style. Kicking Horse River, Canadian Rockies. Your 2017 Canadian Rockies Adventure Guide.
Are you ready to have the best summer of your life? Look no further! The Kicking Horse River, the Canadian Rockies & Alpine Rafting has Half & Full Day Whitewater Rafting Trips, Gentle Family Rafting Trips, Stand Up Paddleboarding & Inflatable Kayaking Tours. We operate most of our adventures on the Kicking Horse River, but also the Beaver River, Columbia River, and Cedar Lake! The Kicking Horse River is the premiere Whitewater Rafting river in the Canadian Rockies, and the only Class 4 Thrills near Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper, & Calgary. The Kicking Horse River is located in Golden, BC three hours west of Calgary, an hour and a half west of Banff, and 45 minutes west of Lake Louise.
- Most Thrilling – Half Day Heli Rafting
- Most Popular – Our Full Day Whitewater Rafting Trip
- Best Value – Gentle Family Rafting
- Best Quick Trip – Our Half Day Whitewater
- Best Staycation – Any of our Raft n Camp Packages
Best Time To Raft the Kicking Horse River, Canadian Rockies:
Whatever time of year you decide to raft, you will have a great time! The Kicking Horse in the Canadian Rockies is both Glacial Fed and Snow melt Fed, meaning the river has great water levels all summer long
- MAY 2017 – Great early season rafting, slightly cooler temps, great water levels, early season discounts. High water very likely in May 2015 due to record snowpack levels in the mountains.
- JUNE 2017 – Warmer temps, great water levels, high water.
- JULY 2017 – Hot summer fun on the river, closer to the end of July, great time to raft the Middle Canyon
- AUGUST 2017 – Emerald coloured water, clear days, Middle can will be experiencing fantastic conditions & Class 4+ rafting is still abundant.
- SEPTEMBER 2017 – Emerald coloured water, clear days, Middle Canyon still offers up Class 3 & 4 thrills!